Do you know the signs of a highly motivated salesperson?
It’s really quite simple. Someone who goes beyond the call of duty is highly motivated. The person who does just the minimum requirements to achieve their tasks is not.
Don’t get me wrong, the latter is still productive but not highly motivated. The one who is doing things beyond what is the minimum, without being forced to, is motivated.
They do more because they want to. You have:
- Paid them enough to take the problem of money off the table and no more
- Given them interesting work
- Developed and are developing them beyond their current job requirements
- Given them space
- Given them pioneering work
- Let them make a difference
- Recognised them
- Rewarded them beyond cash
Are you doing these things with your people?