Daniel Casasanto from Chicago University discovered that if you’re right-handed you will favour people or choices to your right.
He experimented with ballot papers and found 15% more right handed people voted for the candidate situated on the right of the paper.
Lefties have the same phenomena as well. Here’s some ideas that come to mind:
- Sit down with a customer on their dominant side, show demonstrations on this side too.
- When shaking hands, stand subtly along their dominant side.
- Use your left hand more when gesturing.
- When presenting, stand to the left of your decision maker (when facing her) so she looks at you to her right.
- Place interesting aspects on the right of your website or blog.
- Put your reception on the right as people enter your building.
Finally, put the chocolate on the left-hand side of the cupboard to aid your diet.