People often ask me to define the role of a Sales Manager and we often talk about the usuals such as recruit, motivate and so on.
But here’s the 3×3 I heard at a conference recently which really resonated with me as it’s so succinct and obvious:
- Behaviours – determine them and live them
- Value – agree them and breath them
- Engagement – encourage it amongst the team and do yourself
- Set goals
- Communicate the goals
- Measure and lead with the goals
- Attract good people
- Keep the good people
- Develop the talent in your people
And as Forest Gump once said, that’s all I’ve got to say on the matter.